So I thought since I did a post on Mother’s Day Gift ideas for the dads in our lives, it would only be fair that I do one for moms, so they can be prepared on Father’s Day.
Now I know Mother’s Day is much more important that Father’s Day…I mean, let’s face it, how can they ever compete? We, moms are the hardest working species on Planet Earth, but the dads are not too far behind. Whatever we decide to do, it should be a day to celebrate and recognize the fathers in our lives.
With that said, here are some gift ideas. I’m not the kind to shop at Home Depot or Lowe’s and I don’t care about car parts and tools, so check somewhere else if you’re in the market for something BORING!!!
Then there’s the ordinary ties, belts, wallets, team sports apparel, etc. There’s nothing wrong with these gifts, but you can get a little more creative can’t you? You’re a mom…you have more imagination than that!
I actually think that dads may like some of the same stuff that us girls enjoy on Mother’s Day. Why not get him some flowers and breakfast in bed? Do dads not enjoy a box of nice chocolates? You may even be surprised that they will go for a professional massage and even a pedicure. I’m not even opposed to getting dads facial care systems to take better care of their skin. And, there’s never anything wrong with a gym membership, especially if you can swing one for the entire family and pick one with childcare, so you guys can drop the kids off and work out together!
A word of advice moms…if you are going to buy electronics, like a jumbo TV, make sure you know EXACTLY what he wants! I don’t even go there, because chances are that I’ll get it wrong!
Here are a few good websites with interesting gift ideas:
2. The Art of Shaving features great shaving and skin care products for men.
3. Nordstrom.com is my favorite place to shop. Its very easy to order, shipping is fast, and returns are hassle-free. They have gifts for different types of dads, such as “sporty”, “modern” … I especially like their men’s watches!
4. Proflowers.com has a “flowers for men” page you should check out.
5. Godiva.com has special chocolate sets just for dad, that I may buy for my husband, wait for him to open it, and then I can take a bite out of of each one!
6. You can look for a mobile car wash/detail place in your area which can come to your home or dad’s place of work and detail his car!
7. How about a Father’s Day Brunch for the whole family? I loved my fancy Mother’s Day Brunch!
8. REI.com has the best outdoor/camping/hiking gear.
9. Being a runner, I always love a new pair of running shoes or sneakers. I recently got these for my husband.
I hope these are helpful ideas for you moms. Now, if only you could find someone to watch the kids for a couple of hours so you could shop in peace. Don’t even get me started on my last trip to the mall, where my son would not stop sniffing all the clothes at Banana Republic! That’s why I love on-line shopping, and the websites I have suggested in this post are a good place for you to start. Just don’t put it off until the last minute!
Feel free to suggest your gift ideas as well in the “comments” section.
Thanks for following this mom blog and have a fit and fabulous weekend!